Advice Centre FAQs

2020/21 Trimester 2

We know you may have lots of questions during your second trimester at University, so we’ve pulled together this handy list of FAQs which should help you out!

  • Logon to your student finance England account online (you will need your Customer Reference Number)
  • Check any updates online and any requests for further information. Ensure you have sent them all the correct documentation.
  • Check with Registry Services at the University of Hull that you have enrolled correctly and that this information has been passed to Student Finance England. Registry Services can be accessed via the Central Hub which is located on the first floor of Student Central or by ringing 01482 462222
  • Contact Student Finance England directly for further assistance on 0300 100 0607

You can now log on to MyHull Portal and request this.

Contact the Accommodation Team at Westfield Court on campus or ring them on 01482 462222 or email them on [email protected]

You should automatically be screened for bursaries and grants with the University of Hull but if you want to check your eligibility contact the team on 01482 463002 or email them on [email protected]

You can access these services via MyHull Portal and request an appointment, the teams are all working remotely.

Students with children/dependents may be entitled to means tested benefits such as Universal Credit whilst they are studying. We can do a calculation for you once you have received your Student Finance award letter. Email us at [email protected]

Disabled students who are in receipt of PIP (Personal Independence Payment) may also be entitled to means tested benefits such as Universal Credits towards their housing costs.

For any issues with your private accommodation, in the first instance speak to your agents/landlord and if you cannot resolve the issues please do visit the Advice Centre

If you have any delays with your Student Finance and Maintenance loan then you can access a short term Loan via MyHull Portal > Talk to us > Useful Forms, you will need to provide evidence.

There are loads of societies and sports clubs to get involved with during you time here, further information can be found here and here. Due to government restrictions most student groups are only meeting virtually at the moment.