Start a Society
We currently support over 100 societies, however that doesn't mean there's not room for more. We're here as a springboard for students and encourage the start-up of new societies with fresh ideas.
Thinking of starting a new society?
To get started, read our guide here . If you still have questions you can either:
- Speak to the Societies Executive Committee (SEC) – email [email protected]
- Speak to your President of Activities (office located on 2nd floor of Student Central) or email [email protected]
You will need to complete the below to get started with a new team:
- A minimum of three committee members (you must have a President, Secretary and Treasurer, the rest is up to you).
- Fill in a Society Constitution Form or collect a physical copy from the Sports and Societies One Stop Area, located in the Membership Services Reception on the 2nd floor of Student Central.
- You'll need to decide the name of the society, cost of membership (minimum £4), and aims and objectives. Then hand it back to reception or drop into the One Stop.
- Complete a General Risk Assessment.
- Have your society ratified by Union Council – we'll take care of this!
- Get ten paid members.
- If you need support please contact our Student Opportunities Coordinator via email [email protected].
- You can find all the forms to the right of this webpage.