Start a Society
We currently support over 100 societies, however that doesn't mean there's not room for more. We're here as a springboard for students and encourage the start-up of new societies with fresh ideas.
Thinking of starting a new society?
To get started, read our guide here on the Resource Hub. To talk through the process please contact us, we can chat via email or arrange a meeting:
- Speak to the Societies Executive Committee (SEC) – email [email protected]
- Speak to your President of Activities - email [email protected]
You will need to complete the below to get started with a new team:
- A minimum of three committee members (you must have a President, Secretary and Treasurer, the rest is up to you, you can read about other useful roles in the Role Description Folder on the Resource Hub here).
- Fill in a Society Development Plan with your committee, you can find it here in the Resource Hub then send it to [email protected].
- The SEC will then review your development plan and then approve, send back for further information or deny your request.
- If you receive approval, your Societies & GIAG Co-ordinator will send you links to the training that will need to be completed by your committee.
- Your Societies & GIAG Co-ordinator will also send you links and how to guides for your constitution, risk assessment, budget planner and finance agreement. These are your essential documents that will be stored in a box folder which all your committee will have access to.
- Once you have completed the above, we’ll set you up on our HUSU website to be able to purchase membership and you’ll have access to all the benefits of being a ratified society with HUSU!
- Room Bookings
- Administration Support
- HUSU Bank Account
- Training Opportunities
- Employability Skills Log