Start a Sports Team
If there's a sport you can't find in the list that you think students would like then we'll help you to form a sports team. Contact the Sports Coordinator, who'll help out with all things to do with AU membership, fees and contacting existing sports teams.
You will need to complete the below to get started with a new team:
Got questions? You can speak to either:
- Your AU Exec through [email protected]
- Your President of Sport (located on 2nd floor of Student Central) or email [email protected]
- Sports Coordinator
All you need is:
- A minimum of three committee members (you must have a President, Secretary and Treasurer - the rest is up to you)
- Fill in an Athletic Union Constitution Form or collect a physical copy from the Sports and Societies One Stop Area, located in the Membership Services Reception on the 2nd floor of Student Central
- You'll need to decide the name of the club, cost of membership (usual minimum is £25) and aims and objectives. Then hand it back to reception or drop into the One Stop Area
- Complete a Risk Assessment specific to your sport
- Have your club ratified by Union Council – we'll take care of this!
- Get 15 paid members
- If you need support please contact our Sports Coordinator
- All forms can be found to the right of this webpage