Start a Sports Team
We currently support over 50 sports teams, however that doesn't mean there's not room for more. If you can't see a sport you are interested in on our sports list then follow the steps below to enquire about setting up a new group.
Thinking of starting a new sports team?
To get started, read our guide here on the Resource Hub. To talk through the process please contact us, we can chat via email or arrange a meeting:
- Speak to the Athletic Union Executive Committee – email [email protected]
- Speak to your President of Sport - email [email protected]
You will need to complete the below to get started with a new team:
- A minimum of three committee members (you must have a President, Secretary and Treasurer, the rest is up to you, you can read about other useful roles in the Role Description Folder on the Resource Hub here).
- Fill in a Sport Development Plan with your committee, you can find it here in the Resource Hub then send it to [email protected].
- The AU Exec will then review your development plan and then approve, send back for further information or deny your request.
- If you receive approval, your Sports Co-ordinator will send you links to the training that will need to be completed by your committee.
- Your Sports Co-ordinator will also send you links and how to guides for your constitution, risk assessment, budget planner and finance agreement. These are your essential documents that will be stored in a box folder which all your committee will have access to.
- Once you have completed the above, we'll set you up on our HUSU website to be able to purchase membership and you'll have access to all the benefits of being a ratified sports team with HUSU!
- Room Bookings
- Sports Pass for Hull Sport Facilities
- Administration Support
- HUSU Bank Account
- Training Opportunities
- Employability Skills Log