Hull LINKS is an operational unit of St John Ambulance.
We’re run by students and provide free training to our members, allowing them to start as a First Aider and progress to emergency ambulance crew, as well as specialised roles as a Cycle Responder and taking part in casualty extraction. We also offer free First Aid demonstrations to students.
We provide First Aid support for many events on campus, such as nights at Asylum, sports matches and the End of Year Ball, as well as helping the wider community by covering local football and rugby matches.
Just like any other society, we hold weekly meetings for all members and have regular socials and fundraising activities to raise money for equipment and uniforms.
Want to join? Contact us at [email protected].
Please note the following about volunteering with St John Ambulance:
- You will need to fill in an application form and a health declaration, returning to the recruiter
- We screen all volunteers which as a minimum means taking up two references from people you have known for at least two years and who are not related. For appropriate roles we will also apply for a Disclosure and Baring Service check; process a health assessment and check eligibility to volunteer in the United Kingdom
- All volunteer roles are subject to a trial or probation period of six months (12 months for work with young people). This is so that both you and the organisation are comfortable with your involvement in the charitable work of St John Ambulance
- All information concerning volunteers, employees and patients shall be treated as strictly confidential at all times
- You will receive appropriate training and ongoing support for any role
- It is the aim of St John Ambulance to ensure that no one receives less favourable treatment on any grounds and is not placed at a disadvantage by conditions of volunteering
- We will therefore make you aware of your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and to ensure that agreed safety procedures are carried out and to maintain a safe environment for volunteers, employees or service users
- If you have contact with data systems you are required to obtain, process and/or use the information in a fair and lawful way; to hold data only for the specific registered purpose; and not to use or disclose it in any way incompatible with such purpose
- St John Ambulance will cover all legitimate out of pocket expenses incurred during your volunteering with us
- St John Ambulance aims to recognising all volunteers’ contributions to our charitable work.