Academic Issues

Issue with your academic experience? We can help.

It can be difficult to know what the best course of action is to resolve your problem. Read below our guide to find out who to go to with your concern.


Course Reps listen to feedback from all students on their course and pass this on to senior members of University staff, to make relevant changes.

If you have any feedback about your academic experience – positive or negative – you can pass it onto your Course Rep. They will attend a Student-Staff Forum to share your views, and relay any related actions or decisions made.

Feedback topics can include:


Hull University Students' Unions Advice Centre can offer support with:

You can contact the Advice Centre at [email protected].


The University's Skills Team can offer help on all aspects of academic writing – online, in workshops and during individual appointments. Workshops and Master Classes are available to everyone.


Personal Supervisors are members of staff from your Academic Unit. Your Personal Supervisor is there for you to talk to about any academic problem you are experiencing, give you advice and guidance and to point you in the direction of further help, support and advice.