Advice Centre FAQs

2020 Trimester 1

We know you may have lots of questions during your first trimester at University, so we’ve pulled together this handy list of FAQs which should help you out!

You should log on to your Student Finance England account online. You can do that here . You will need your Customer Reference Number to be able to log on.

Check for any updates online and check any requests for further information. Ensure you have sent them all the correct documentation.

Then, check with Registry Services at the University of Hull that you have enrolled correctly and that this information has been passed to Student Finance England. Registry Services can be accessed via the Central Hub which is located on the first floor of Student Central or by ringing 01482 462222.

You can also contact Student Finance England directly for further assistance on 0300 100 0607.

You can contact the Central Hub to request this – they are located on the First Floor of Student Central. You can email them on [email protected] or by ringing 01482 462222.

Contact the Accommodation Team at Westfield Court on campus or ring them on 01482 462222 or email them on [email protected].

We recommend waiting. Have a look at all of your options and talk things through with people you trust before signing – don’t forget this is a legally binding document that is almost impossible to get out of!

Don’t be afraid to shop around. Hull has a lot of great houses – more houses than students. Don’t trust those who pressure you!

We can check your contract for you if you have any worries.

Here is our housing booklet, there are lots of hints and tips for house hunting and beyond. Download it here .

You should automatically be screened for bursaries and grants with the University of Hull but if you want to check your eligibility contact the team on 01482 463002 or email them on [email protected].

You can access these services via the Central Hub on the first floor of Student Central or you can ring 01482 462222. You can contact the team to request an appointment or information about their service via email:

Students with children/dependents may be entitled to means-tested benefits such as Universal Credit whilst they are studying. We can do a calculation for you once you have received your Student Finance award letter.

Disabled students who are in receipt of PIP (Personal Independence Payment) may also be entitled to means-tested benefits such as Universal Credits towards their housing costs.

For any issues with your private accommodation, in the first instance speak to your agents/landlord and if you cannot resolve the issues please do visit the Advice Centre. The Advice Centre can be found on the Second Floor of Student Central and more information can be found here .

If you have any delays with your Student Finance and Maintenance Loan then you can access a Short term Loan via MyHull Portal, Talk to us then Useful Forms. You will need to provide evidence.

There are loads of societies, sports clubs and opportunities to get involved with during your time at University, further information can be found here: