We’re giving you the chance to set up your own project, get it running, and we’ll even give you some funding!
We can work with you to bring your community project ideas to life.
If you get involved as a volunteer or project coordinator, you will be building important CV skills such as teamwork and leadership, as well as having a unique opportunity to gain insight into a specific area of work. You can tailor your project towards anything you care about, whether a personal interest, to support your academic work or to make a real difference in the community.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Everything you need is in the side bar!
1. Fill out a project plan form with your idea or an application form if you’d like to be involved in an existing project
2. Email it to [email protected]
3. You’ll then be contacted by Angela Drinkall, HUU Volunteering Coordinator, with the next steps to take if your application is successful.
CURRENT PROJECT EXAMPLES
- Befriending - Working with older people
- Flintstones– Taking disadvantaged children on fun trips
- Green Spaces – Community Garden
- Primary Reading – helping in a primary school
- Appropriate Adult – working with Humberside police
Your student-led volunteering group manage a number of projects, working across a range of areas, these include:
- Older People
- Green Space