- Organisation Name
- Tour de Yorkshire
- Title of role
- Tour Maker - Team Supervisors
- Number of volunteer places available
This year’s race takes place between Thursday May 2nd - Sunday May 5th. The men’s action runs across the full four days while the Asda Tour de Yorkshire Women’s Race takes place on the Friday and Saturday.
The Tour de Yorkshire has announced military charity Help for Heroes as their official charity partner for 2019 in an exciting new collaboration.
The partnership will help support major fundraising initiatives throughout the year and provide recovery and support for all those who have been affected by their time serving in the British Armed Forces.
Tour Makers are required for Stage 3 of the Men's Race, and Stage 2 (final stage) of the Women's Race, both on Saturday 4th May.
Before you submit your application, please visit the FAQ page here to see an overview of the roles and for more information.
To ensure a great spectator experience we would ask that you agree to the standards below:
- Be a great ambassador, promoting diversity and inclusion at the event
- Be friendly and respectful to riders, officials, members of the public and your fellow volunteers
- Show respect to all individuals and treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability
- Be aware of your use of language to ensure that you don’t cause offence
- Follow the instructions and guidelines given by your supervisor
- Don’t be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- We ask that Tour Makers don’t smoke whilst wearing the Tour Maker uniform
- Have fun and enjoy the event!
Responsibilities for Team Supervisors:
Tour Makers will be based together in small groups at key points along the route. Team supervisors are responsible for the group within a specific area, ensuring they are spread evenly across their allocated area and have all the local information they need.
We have located the majority of Tour Makers at a logical and hopefully convenient place - as close to their home or transport links as possible but also factoring in the days you said you could do, and the three preferred locations you selected. We are unable to accommodate individual requests for location changes however if you are simply not able to be at your allocated race location please let us know at [email protected]
- What kind of support/supervision will you receive?
The training you selected in the survey is the training date you will attend. The dates and locations are:
Saturday 30th March at Carr Gate, Wakefield
Saturday 6th April at Carr Gate, Wakefield
Sunday 7th April at Camp Hill Estate, Bedale
Saturday 13th April at Bridlington Spa
*EXACT TIMINGS WILL BE CONFIRMED IN EARLY 2019*. However you can expect your day to follow this:
- Registration is from 12.30pm,
- Training will take place from approximately 1.00pm-4.00pm.
- Please do not arrive before 12pm as we will not be able to guarantee access to the venues.
West Yorkshire Police Learning and Development Centre, Bishopgarth House, Carr Gate, Wakefield, WF2 0QD
Bridlington Spa, South Marine Drive, Bridlington, YO15 3JH
Camp Hill Estate, Kirklington, Bedale, DL8 2LS
- Personal qualities and requirements
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate about Yorkshire
- Work-ready skills you will learn or develop
This year’s race takes place between Thursday May 2nd - Sunday May 5th
If you select that you are happy to work on more than one date, we will allocate you as many stages as you wish.
- Additional Info
Tour Makers need to be 18 years or over on the date of the application. This is a requirement of the Public Liability Insurance needed to hold the event.
For more information, please visit letour.yorkshire.com/ or email [email protected]
For more information on Help for Heroes and how to donate or get involved, please visit www.helpforheroes.org.uk or email [email protected]
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) required